On Morocco-amazing trips, we keep certain information about our customers. Read more about our privacy guidelines below.
Version: March 2020
What Information do we collect about you?
We will collect certain information from you when you make an enquiry or book a trip with us. Depending on your interaction with us and what products and services you use, we may collect the following personal information:
- Your full name, date of birth, gender, phone number, email address, dietary requirements, passport details (including nationality and city of birth), passport scan. We may also ask for medical information which is considered sensitive under data protection laws.
- Any additional information you provide during the booking process to check if a trip is right for you.
Photo and Video
When you are travelling with us a photo or video may be taken by the Morocco-amazingtrips leader or an employee, or another passenger. We ask that any photos or video was taken, by Morocco-amazingtrips personnel or otherwise, are done so with permission and respect to the individual. If you do not want to be included in photos or video, please let your group leader or the photographer know.
We would like to have a post-booking or post-trip feedback from you. And will ask some of you to provide a score and comment on your experience.
We may collect on the website your (full) name, email address.
Where you have provided the relevant details, we may also contact you in response to your feedback to discuss your comments
Why do we collect your information?
Under data protection laws, for Morocco-amazingtrips to collect, hold, use and share your information we must have a purpose and lawful basis to do so. The legal basis may differ depending on your interaction with us and what information we collect, and will fall under:
Legitimate interest – means your information has a purpose and is necessary in order to provide a service and does not override your rights and freedoms as an individual. For example; we collect your email address for the purpose of communicating with you. It’s necessary to communicate about the service you’re requesting or booking, and for Morocco-amazingtrips to provide you with relevant information.
Legal Obligations – in certain circumstances we will need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations, for example, to comply with local laws in Morocco, etc.
Vital Interest – we will collect your travel insurance information under the legal basis of vital interest, as it could be essential to you and your health that we contact your insurance provider in case of an emergency.
Consent – we will obtain your explicit consent when collecting sensitive information (for example, medical information)
We use your information to arrange and provide you with the services you have requested and booked. This includes booking transportation, accommodation and activities. The following will provide more insight into these purposes:
- Your personal information will be used by our group leaders to identify you and ensure your safety during the trip.
- Depending on your destination and services being booked for you, we may be required by the supplier to provide certain types of personal information in order to secure the booking. We may also be legally required by local laws and governments to provide travel documentation such as passport details or a passport scan.
- Your contact details will be collected in order to manage our relationship with you, including updates about your booking, providing relevant information and any applicable tickets, handling feedback and complaints, and to contact you in the event of an emergency.
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive information, to insurance providers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- Where allowed, your medical information may be shared with any relevant personnel to ensure that we understand any specific needs you may have, before and during your trip. Any pre-existing medical conditions could impact your enjoyment of the trip, and by informing us of any conditions, issues or limitations, we can ensure that Morocco-amazingtrips is better prepared to assist if required.
- Other than where it is in your vital interests or required by relevant laws, medical information can only be used by Morocco-amazingtrips with your consent. This is because medical information is considered sensitive and by consenting, you are showing us that you understand and agree to us processing this information. Providing medical information and consenting to its use by Morocco-amazingtrips is optional, however, it is highly recommended that information be provided for your safety and wellbeing.
Photo and Video
Taking a photo or video is something many people love to do, especially as a way to capture special moments. This is likely to be the reason why you may be included in visual media taken on your trip. On occasion, visual media captured by Morocco-amazingtrips leaders and employees are so good, our team may wish to use them on our website for promotional purposes.
We conduct research and analyse your information, including feedback and comments, to help us improve our services and to enhance your customer experience, including customising online content, and to improve your booking and website experience. We also look for trends and future destinations and itinerary opportunities.
Your information and details from our research activities may be stored or kept on file for future reference if relevant and will be de-identified where possible.
How do we collect your information?
Your information may come to us in a variety of different ways.
- You may provide information directly to us when communicating via email, phone, letter, web chat or in person.
- You may also provide us with your information by filling in an online or printed form or leaving feedback.
Sharing your information
In order to handle your booking request, manage your booking or service request , we may share your personal information with the following:
- Inside the Morocco-amazingtrips team (including group leaders)
- Third party operators (i.e. local operators)
- Suppliers and Service providers (i.e. hotels, transfer drivers, etc.)
- Government authorities (to pay taxes etc.)
We also share your personal information with any travel providers or third-party local operators for the purpose of improving services and experiences, and to investigate where necessary.
Please be assured only the relevant people will be provided with access to this information.
Any information shared with travel providers is done so via secure methods and the travel provider is responsible for any information they hold in their system.
We share your personal information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize and support our services. This includes the following:
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, support and troubleshooting for quality assurance purposes, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you.
We may share your information with an enforcement body (i.e. police) where disclosure is authorised or required by law, or with insurance providers or medical personnel. This may be for identification of fraud or error, for regulatory reporting and compliance, or if we believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
We will not sell your personal information.
Transferring your information
As discussed above, it is necessary for us to share your information with third parties. When we transfer your information, we require that appropriate privacy, confidentiality and security measures are in place, and that we comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply to us.
Also as discussed above, we use service providers. We operate with different service providers (f.e. Google analytics, Facebook, etc,). If you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please see the Contact us section below.
In all cases, we ensure that appropriate safeguards for the purposes of those data protection laws which restrict the trans-border flow of personal information, have been established and are maintained, whether in the form of standard contractual clauses, adequacy measures or through ensuring certification with the US-EU Privacy Shield.
What are your rights
We want you to feel reassured that you have control of the information you provide to us. Depending on relevant data protection laws, there are certain rights you have over your personal information including:
- You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you
- You can ask us to provide you with a copy of the information we hold on you, or that we transfer that information to another service provider
- You may request that we stop processing or using your information
- You may request that we delete any / all information we hold about you
- You may withdraw consent that you have provided to us
Where possible we will comply with your request, however, there may be instances where we cannot fulfil your request, or there will be consequences if we were to fulfil your request. We will always communicate with you about any consequences before going forward, or give you written reasons for any refusal.
Under the GDPR, if you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you are also entitled to, at any time:
- Withdraw consent to our use of your information for marketing purposes
- Object to the processing of your personal data, especially where we collect your personal data for claimed legitimate interest
- Request your personal information be transferred to yourself or a third party without hindrance in a commonly used format.
You may also wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information or other interference with your privacy rights.
We will contact you within a reasonable time frame after receiving your enquiry or request to verify who you are in order to locate any accounts or bookings you may have with us or ask any follow up questions to better understand your enquiry.
We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation and the estimated completion date for the investigation process. After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view. If you are unsatisfied by our final response, you may escalate your complaint to the relevant regulatory body.
Complaint to the Data Protection Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are collecting or processing your personal information, you can complain to your local data protection authority.
If you are in the EU, please follow this link to locate the data protection authority most relevant to you: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How we keep your information secure
Morocco-amazingtrips is dedicated to keeping your personal information secure. We have implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect your information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links to Third Party Sites